Happy hump day everyone! In this blog post I want to talk about some of the issues that new bloggers always complain about. *Drum Rolls* followers/gaining followers. I was once in that same spot and I understand the struggle but instead of placing your attention on that negative aspect bloggers should focus on how to attract readers? What should your blog focus on? How can you gain peoples attention? I remember when I first started my blog and I had approximately 1,500 followers. I went to an event and I was asked who was my main audience? Believe it or not I was stuck. I was more stressed about having a low number of followers than what the main focus of my blog was or who my main audience was. Therefore, over time I realized that I want people who are around my age or younger to get inspired by my outfits and the pieces that I put together but at the same time I want to write about what makes my life easier and how can I help others through a different lense, not only fashion. My primary focus is personal style but I am now beginning to expand my blog posts and relate it to other aspects in life.
What Has Helped Me Gain Followers?
- Being consistent and posting on my main social media platform on daily basis.
- Being engaged with my audience. Accepting their love but at the same time showing love and support back.
- Commenting on bloggers social media pages, this helps a lot as well. When doing this don’t go on someone’s page who has 200k or 354k because your comment will easily get lost. Be engaged with bloggers who have somewhere between 1k-10k followers. Others will see your comment and click your profile.
- Attend events and seminars, this could be helpful as well.
- Hashtag, Hashtag and Hashtag! Use hashtags that are relevant to your blog post.
- Join giveaway loops. Now this has it’s pro’s and con’s to it. Yes, you gain followers and it will help you get to where you want to be but a lot of times people will only follow you for the giveaway and then unfollow you. On the other hand I have done giveaways and they’re not completely unsatisfactory.